Beijing Government Scholarship as well as the Shanghai Government Scholarship has its own features. In that article, we will describe all of them in detail.
On our website, you can find a post about Studying in Beijing.
In this graph you can see in which parts of China international students study:
If you want to know more about, how to get a scholarship in China, follow the links below:
- Scholarships to study in China – the most comprehensive review of scholarships
- Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship
|Type of Scholarship||Beijing Government Scholarship|
|Application deadline||20th April|
|Budget of Scholarship||30000 RMB/year|
If you are interested in receiving the Beijing Government Scholarship, please, contact our consultants.
Beijing Government Scholarship
Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established municipal government with a goal to provide full or partial quotas for international students, who want to study in Beijing.
Its administrative office is the office of international cooperation and exchange of the Beijing municipal commission of education. Is responsible for the development, consideration, decision-making and everyday management of the distribution Beijing Government Scholarship.
Foreign students who apply for that type of quota usually submit documents to Beijing universities before the end of February annually. Beijing Government Scholarship is one of the opportunities for students to study in China.
In order to get more acquainted with the application process to get the Beijing Government Scholarship, please, contact our consultants.
Types and period of the Beijing Government Scholarship
- International applicants in China for bachelor’s, master’s degrees and post-doctoral: the period of scholarship should be less than four years.
- The candidates for learning the Chinese language or advanced training in Chinese universities and faculties in the Beijing region: the period of quota should be less than one year.
- Professors and international students for special education in Chinese universities and departments for studying the Chinese language in the Beijing region: the period of quota should be less than one year.
- foreign students with language knowledge, excellent students and students with exchange-programs participating in international intercultural studying in Beijing: the period of quota should be less than one year.
What does Beijing Government Scholarship cover?
This type of scholarship is awarded by municipal government of Beijing to foreign students.
- 5.000 yuans/year for the student-exchange program
- 10.000 yuans/year for the Chinese Language program
- 30.000 yuans/year for the master’s degree program
- 20.000 yuans/year for the bachelor’s degree program
- 30.000 yuans/year for the P.h.D. program
|Chinese language||10000 RMB/year|
- Nationality: applicants should be a citizen of another country, except China
- In good health
- Bachelor’s: certificate of finished High Scholl with good academic performance, the age limit is under 30 years.
- Master’s: bachelor’s degree, the age limit is under 35 years.
- P.h.D.: master’s degree, the age limit is under 40 years.
- General education program: bachelor’s degree, the age limit is under 50 years.
- Long-term language courses: certificate of finished High-Scholl with good academic performance, the age limit is under 60 years.
- The candidates meet the language requirements of higher education institutions.
- The candidates can not apply for scholarships in case they have other quotas supported by the Chinese Government or Chinese companies.
Official website of the Beijing Municipality